Sepsis Alliance is hosting its 6th annual Sepsis Heroes, the organization's annual fundraising gala, on September 14, 2017 in New York City. The event, timed to coincide with Sepsis Awareness Month, will honor the 2017 Sepsis Heroes who have made a significant contribution to sepsis awareness and education among both the general public and healthcare professionals.
The 2017 Sepsis Heroes honorees are:
- Children’s Hospital Association – The voice of more than 220 children’s hospitals around the country that leads an innovative pediatric sepsis campaign implementing diagnostic and treatment protocols.
- Andre Vovan, Hoag Hospital Presbyterian, and Providence St Joseph Health – Dr. Vovan is a critical care specialist and the creator of the Hoag Hospital and St. Joseph Hospitals system-wide sepsis campaign, and a champion of sepsis identification and treatment. His advocacy for improved sepsis outcomes and his leadership has helped the health system not only decrease sepsis mortality, but shortened hospital stays, which is better for patients and reduces healthcare costs overall.
- Sue Sirianni and Maria Palleschi – Sue and Maria are nurse practitioners who work at Tenet's Detroit Medical Center but in addition to their clinical work, Sue and Maria are research partners and strong community activists who are dedicated to raising sepsis awareness. They organized a 5K event in Michigan, which raised over $13,000 its first year alone. They have hosted a variety of other events to bring sepsis awareness front and center in the community.
- Sue and Jay Stull – Sue Stull is a sepsis survivor. To save Sue’s life, doctors had to amputate both arms and legs, leaving Sue to learn how to navigate life again in a very different manner. Jay, Sue’s husband, supports Sue as they work together to raise awareness of sepsis and its aftermath.
- Jon Glaudemans – Former managing director of Manatt Health solutions, Jon has been quietly working behind the scenes to help Sepsis Alliance move with strategic partnerships. A sepsis survivor himself, Jon didn’t realize the impact of what happened to him until he got to know Sepsis Alliance and learn more about sepsis.
The Sepsis Heroes gala will feature a presentation of the Erin Kay Flatley Spirit Award. Given in memory of Erin Kay Flatley, a 23-year-old aspiring teacher who died unnecessarily of sepsis after a routine surgery, this year’s Spirit Award recipients are Liz and Tony Galbo who tragically lost their five-year-old daughter, Gabby, to sepsis in 2012. The couple have since raised awareness in their home state of Illinois to such a level that Gabby’s Law was enacted, requiring hospitals to implement sepsis protocols to improve early detection and treatment of sepsis.
Learn more about the Sepsis Heroes at www.sepsisheroes.org.
The event will feature a cocktail hour beginning at 5:30pm, followed by the award ceremony.
After walking the red carpet, guests to Sepsis Heroes will enjoy tray passed appetizers, dinner and an open bar. The ceremony will begin at 7:45pm.
The evening is sure to be memorable, and provides the opportunity to connect with sepsis survivors, loved ones of sepsis patients, nurses, doctors, industry professionals working on sepsis identification and treatment, as well as many others passionate about the cause.
Sepsis Alliance has also prepared special sponsor opportunities for organizations, companies, and individuals. Sponsors will be recognized in a wide array of media as well as our website, in the official program, and during the event. Participating as a sponsor is a worthwhile way to support sepsis awareness, while reaching a targeted audience of sepsis survivors, healthcare advocates, and medical professionals.
Can't attend? Please consider joining the celebration by donating today.
5:30pm - Doors open
6:30pm - Dinner service begins
7:45pm - Awards Program Begins
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact us at email@example.com
What is the dress code?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring your ticket to the event. Guests will check in with first and last name.
Can I purchase program ads?
Yes, you can purchase a full or half page ad in the program. Specs will be emailed to you after purchase. Sepsis Alliance reserves the right to approve any and all advertising.
Thank you to our sponsors: